This vehicle was fleet No. 164 and was almost the last one of the batch of 60 to be received, entering
service in 1948. It is seen here at Marlborough Crescent bus station during 1963 awaiting departure on service 44 to Rockwood Hill. The large covered bus station in the background was demolished during
the late 1960s, leaving an open plan series of island platforms with shelters, and a most pedestrian unfriendly exit onto Westmorland road. This photo is from Eric Hutchinson's collection.